Category: General News
- Jun 28 2019A Possible HMRC Threat To SSASs With Dormant CompaniesHMRC appear to have decided, for no obvious reason, to target schemes where the Employer has become dormant. In such cases HMRC may take action to deregister the Scheme resulting in a tax charge of 40% of the value of the assets.General News
- Mar 14 2017Lexis Nexis Article March 2017Pensions analysis: The government has introduced a charge on transfers to qualifying recognised overseas pension schemes (QROPS). Nigel Sloam, senior partner at Nigel Sloam & Co Actuaries and Consultants, and Liz Fallon, partner at Eversheds Sutherland, discuss the proposed changes.General News
- Jan 19 2017Lexis Nexis Article January 2017Pensions analysis: The government plans to align the UK tax treatment of foreign pensions more closely with the UK’s domestic pension tax regime. Nigel Sloam, senior partner at Nigel Sloam & Co Actuaries and Consultants, discusses the proposed changes with LexisNexis.General News
- Jan 01 2017New PartnersWe are very pleased to announce that Craig Avis, Arun Ramaswamy and Oliver Sloam have been appointed as Partners.General News
- Mar 22 2016Pension Planning and the NHSWe have developed an expertise in advising clients with medical backgrounds in relation to benefits accumulated in the NHS Pension Scheme as well as in other pension arrangements and the range of options available.